Transition Finsbury Park
We aim to find ways of living based on localised food production, sustainable energy sources, lively local economies and an enlivened sense of community.
“We have a wealth of different projects which many local people are engaged with…”
Grow Finsbury Park
- Focused on increasing the amount of edible planting in the area on public land
- Already has several different spaces across the area including at Harringay Green Lanes Station
- Runs a community plant nursery called Edible Landscapes London
Skill Finsbury Park
- Helps toward a shift in attitudes from a culture that values shiny machine-made plastic products from distant manufacturers, towards hand-made, organic produce made by local people.
- Holds regular classes on skills and crafts
- Hosts groups on food foraging, knitting and toolshare
- Encourages green travel and manage a cycling project
- Focuses on how we can concentrate the mind, body and heart behind the action.
- Includes yoga classes, meditation and visualisation, and sharing thoughts and feelings to make positive change.
- Creating more green spaces and locally produced food provides a greener environment and less CO2 emissions on food transport
- Encouraging reuse of materials reduces waste consumption
- Increase in local business encourages local support and community engagement, and reduced transport costs
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle improves physical and mental health
- Drives environmental change through positive attitudes and engagement.