Helston Court Growers
“We turned a derelict space, prone to antisocial behaviour, into a food growing oasis and now run regular gardening sessions open to the whole community.”
We are based in Seven Sisters and were developed by Bridge Community Trust with local residents. We are now managed by Helston Court Growers and produce a wide variety of food to share the success with the community.
- Encouraging local involvement and social inclusion is huge part of what we do
- Reducing CO2 consumption on transported food goods through local food production is also a major bonus
- Saving water consumption by reuse of rainwater makes use of a precious resource
- Encouraging healthier lifestyles through consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Keeping people active and engaged in the environment