Who is the 40:20 Haringey Climate Forum?
The forum was set up to carry forward and monitor the proposals of the Carbon Commission report. It is made up councillors from both political parties in the Council; and local environmental and community groups – see below.
Our activities include:
* Scrutinising major policies and projects in Haringey – whether council-led, led by other public bodies, or private – to encourage best performance on climate change
* Promoting and encouraging good practice – for example, through the community grants scheme.
* Encouraging information sharing between the Council, and environmental and community groups within the borough.
We have open meetings roughly every two months, which are open to anyone to attend. If you are interested in being involved please e-mail our interim convenor Quentin Given at email@example.com.
The Steering Group includes representatives of the following local sustainability organisations and green groups:
- The Community Energy Lab (external link), Tottenham
- Muswell Hill Sustainability Group (external link)
- EN10ERGY (external link) – our local community energy company
- Friends of the Earth Tottenham & Wood Green (external link)
- Living Under One Sun (external link), Tottenham
- The Highgate Society (external link)
as well as local residents, Councillors, and Haringey Council staff, representing the Carbon Management team and Homes for Haringey.